Before & Progress Photos Scroll To The Bottom

For progress photos of my weight loss scroll to the bottom

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Food Intake...

To put it simply my food is high protein and low carb. I eat every 3 hours (which helps my metabolism regulate and constantly burn away the food). I eat small meals every 3 hours, and do not eat past 7pm. I drink tons of water and tea. I prefer cold tea. I love it. I on ocassion have one diet soda as a treat. But thats rare.

I aim for 25grams of protein in each meal. I can't recall how we got that number I believe its you're ideal weight divided in three or something. I need to check with my husband and his grams of protein are much more because his weight is more. I am not very good at reading labels but I'm getting better, I usually pass it over to hubby and say can I have this? ... and he'll tell me. I do know that all the weight watchers stuff I generally can not have. They go off calories and sugar I believe so thats whats lower in their food and or snacks but they're very high in carbs so I can't have those. I don't think I'm strict on a caloric number but I try to eat "clean" meaning no processed foods. You can google it, its a term. Its also known as a diabetic type way of life.

What also works really good is a shake or bar then a meal. Shake or bar then a meal so you have 3 meals and 3 shakes a day. That works well and after awhile and eating so often you run out of food ideas.

At first for the first 3 months I was very strict and did not waiver at all. Once I began to see clear results I began to sometimes treat myself on the weekend or on a special occasion.

Proteins can be:

Chicken, Steak, Turkey, Fish, Beans, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Nuts, Cottage Cheese, Protein Shakes, and Protein Bars

For a typical day (and from now on I would journal my food on the blog).

5am: Protein Shake (sometimes just mixed with water, sometimes i add yogurt & fruit)
8am: Cottage Cheese
11am: Protein Shake/Protein Bar
1pm: Chicken & Veg
4pm: Protein Shake/Protein Bar
7pm: Dinner with the family usually whole wheat pasta & protein or protein & veg

Some of my snacks are, almonds, jerky, laughing cow cheese with wheat crackers, or fresh berries.

At first it was very hard to curb cravings but I just had the willpower. Now I've kind of broken the love of food so I'm able to just eat food. As hubby also tells me... Food is for FUEL, not for pleasure. And after awhile that does become true, you eat because you're suppose to but it does get boring and montonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment