Before & Progress Photos Scroll To The Bottom

For progress photos of my weight loss scroll to the bottom

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Work Outs

I am 5 months into my workout nows so bare in mind that I have progressed immensely in the amount of exercise and cardio I can do. Since my lifestyle change my approach has really been balls to the walls. I haven't puttered around the gym or puttered around the park track. I've went balls to the walls. At first my weight was a hinderance because I was too heavy to run on the treadmills it hurt my knees so I used the elliptical instead.

I vary my workouts but my general pattern is weights then cardio. My works out are usually 60-90minutes long. I work out 3 days in a row, then 1 day off, then 3 days on, 1 day off etc...

I have recently began treating myself to a sauna room visit after my working out.

My Cardio

For my Cardio I go for distance usually, not time. So if I run on the treadmill I continue till I hit 2 miles. Sometimes time wise, it maybe 20 minutes sometimes 30 minutes if i change the speed. If I get tired of running I put the treadmill on slower but put the incline up to as high as it goes. I constantly change it up so that I'm still moving but "techincally" I feel like its a break. My cardio generally consists of three machines.

*Elliptical (45 minutes, Level 12)
*Treadmill (Running, Hiking or doing sprints)
*Stairmaster (45 minutes, Level 7)

With each machine you can vary the level, speed and times. So this what I do. At first I was on the elliptical for 15 minutes lowest level and that was such an accomplishment. Now I can do it on Level 12 for almost an hour. I also could barely run, now I can run quite a while and even use the treadmill for sprints.

I think a key thing to remember is to variate. Your body gets used to a certain exercise or certain food and then its kind of halts. So I always mix it up, its also good for the sanity too.

For My Weight Training, I enjoy that. Its painful but its quick, you takes breaks in between and you change machines/moves often. The cardio to me is the punishment. Weight training I don't mind. I use the various machines and do various exercises. I don't know enough exercises to do a body part each day. Some people just do legs one day, then abs another day etc... I probably really should figure out a routine like that. I even have Jillian Michaels books where she clearly maps that out as well. I really should get on that.

My weight routine usually is the leg press, squat machines, leg curls, seated row, lat pull down bar and tricep dips. I also use free weights and do tricep kick backs or other biceps exercises. I do 3 sets of 10 reps each. So I do ten, then take a break. Then do ten then take a break until I've completed. At the beginning I may use a small amount of weight and now I'm up to using 100 lbs or more on some machines. *photos of work out machines at the bottom, scroll towards the bottom*

For some reason I am fixated on my fat arms? I need to get fixate on my stomach. Thats what I need to focus on. That will be forth coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment